TypeRoom Professional paid accounts come bundled with professional-grade hosting powered by Rackspace. With a paid account you get access to the following great hosting features:
- Control Panel
Each feature has been covered below in more detail.
Your FTP connection information is displayed to all administrators within your TypeRoom site. To get to it, click on the Publish Settings icon from the bottom utility bar.
Using Custom FTP Information
You may wish to publish to a different server than what is included with TypeRoom. You can easily configure this from the Publish Settings window. Just choose "Custom" in the left hand menu and fill out your connection information, then republish your site. You will also need to manually copy over any plugins and assets you have uploaded to the TypeRoom server. To do this, connect to TypeRoom's server via FTP and download the assets and plugins folders, then connect to your own server and upload these into the TypeRoom base folder.
Take advantage of PHP to install your own plugins, 3rd-party systems such as a blog or a forum, or custom scripts.
Use MySQL to power database-driven applications.
Connecting to MySQL
- Login into your control panel at www.websitesettings.com.
- Click your website in the site list.
- Click the Features tab.
- Add a database if on does not yet exist.
- Once you have created the database and it has been provisioned (may take a minute), you can access your database using the information on the database details page.
- If you are interested in using PhpMyAdmin, a link can be found on the database details page, in the 'Online Manager' section. You will need to note down the MySQL host, which is displayed above this on the same page. It will look something like this: mysql50-06.wc2.dfw1.stabletransit.com. After clicking on the link, enter in your username and password, and find the MySQL host that matches the one listed on the previous page.
You can access the hosting Control Panel at www.websitesettings.com. Your username and password can be found in the Publish Settings window within TypeRoom.
The control panel gives you access to many features of your hosting account. For example, you can access PhpMyAdmin, or schedule tasks using the Cron Tab.