What Personal Information About Users Does Internet Simplicity Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from our users:
A) Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. For example, in order for you to use our website, you may be required to provide us with your credit card number and other billing related information (such as, your address). You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about promotions.
B) Automatic Information:
- We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Internet Simplicity may automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Internet Simplicity cookie information, and the page you requested. Internet Simplicity uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the website, so we can make the website appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our website. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal Web experience.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Internet Simplicity will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
C) Usage Monitoring:
We may monitor your interaction with our website and services. For example, we may record a screen video of you mouse actions and other interactivity with respect to the website. Such information will primarily be used internally Internet Simplicity to help improve the our website and services. On occasion, we may post certain interaction patterns (including videos) on our blog or website in order to gain community feedback on system design improvements.
D) E-mail Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Internet Simplicity if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Internet Simplicity cookies do not collect personal information. They are simply used as identifiers of unique computers returning to the website, loading multiple pages and similar uses.
Will Internet Simplicity Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only with your consent or to our business partners and affiliates as described below:
- Affiliated Business We Do Not Control:We may be affiliated with a variety of businesses and will work closely with them in order to provide our services to users. We will only share personal information that is necessary for the affiliate to provide such services. We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they do not have the right to share or use personal information for any purpose other than for an authorized transaction.
- Personnel: Our personnel (including, for the avoidance of doubt, consultants and/or contractors) may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of our company business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide services to you.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Internet Simplicity, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Internet Simplicity account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input.
- Only Internet Simplicity employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
Personal information on our website that you input can be corrected, amended, or deleted information when it is inaccurate by going to your Account panel.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Does Internet Simplicity Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Internet Simplicity account by invoking the "cancel account" option on the Account panel. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Internet Simplicity website, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.